Toddler Ones Room - What to Bring
- Bottle: Please provide one (1) empty bottle to be given only at naptime. Let us know if you prefer Whole or 1% Organic Milk. (If your child is on a different formula or beverage, e.g. Soy Milk, Rice Milk, etc., please bring in prepared bottles of that beverage to be kept in the door of the refrigerator. The bottles are cleaned each day. Bottles that we fill with Whole or 1% Organic Milk may be kept here.
- Bibs: Please bring in two (2) labeled bibs to be kept here. They will be washed daily.
- Blanket: Please bring in one (1) labeled blanket that will remain here during the week and be sent home every Friday to be washed.
- Clothing: Make sure your child has a labeled change of clothes in his/her cubby. It is important that they fit and are appropriate for the weather. Only shoes with hard soles can be worn in the Toddler Ones room.
- What to wear for water days: Have your child wear aqua shoes, canvas, jellies, or sandals (all are closed-toe only).
- Photos: Please bring in a photo of your child and a photo of your family. We tape your child’s photo in their coat area to help them identify their personal space.
- * If the children wear sandals, they must have closed toes.
Peanut and Nut Policy
Many food products pose problems for children with allergies, but the most dangerous in a school setting are peanuts and tree nuts. Tree nuts include almonds, walnuts, cashews, filberts, etc.
As Small Savers is a peanut-free Center, we want to ensure that no peanut or nut products are introduced into the classrooms. This is because children do not necessarily have to ingest peanuts and tree nuts, but exposure, even in the tiniest amount, through inadvertent contact (nose, eyes or mouth) can cause a serious reaction.
Strict avoidance is the only means of preventing an allergic reaction. Therefore, we require parent and staff cooperation in the following ways:
- Please make sure that your classroom teachers are aware of your child's food allergies;
- Do not bring food items to school, including snacks, gifts, etc., for children or teachers containing peanut or nut products;
- For food items that are brought to school to be shared by all the class, please bring only products that have been purchased in a store and have a clear and readable list of ingredients. Staff will refuse distribution of food products that are not properly labeled.
- For labeled food items which are brought to school to be shared by all the class or school, please do not bring in products with labels containing peanut or nut products, OR warnings about cross-contamination with peanut and nut products, such as:
- "Processed on shared equipment with peanut (or nut) products";
- "Manufactured in a facility that also processed peanuts (or nuts)";
- "May contain traces of peanuts (or nuts)".
Staff will refuse to distribute any of the above-mentioned products.
Small Savers will not be responsible for food that is not distributed by the Center itself. When a child is present at a potluck (or party/function where non-Center food is provided), the child's teacher or the Lead Teacher will not permit the child to eat food not provided by the Center unless otherwise specified by the parent. We thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.