About Us - Openings
Children must be at least six weeks old to enroll at the Center. If your child reaches age five by September 1, he or she must finish enrollment at the Center by the end of that September. Children are accepted into the Center without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin or ability. Admission is based on the availability of space in the developmentally appropriate class and the individual needs of the children and parents. Since education of young children must involve the parents, your commitment to work with the Center is a critical component of your child's enrollment.
There is a non-refundable fee of $75.00 to $100 to place your child's name on the waiting list. Small Savers maintains waiting lists for each classroom. In order to place your child on a list you should select a starting month, which will work strategically for your family. You will be placed on the list on the date we receive your completed application and fee. Children must be at least six weeks old to be enrolled in the Center; however, they may be placed on the waiting list at any time.
The Interim Director will contact you when a space becomes available for your child in the appropriate age group. When you are offered a space for your child, you have three options: 1) enroll your child effective the date of the opening, 2) begin paying tuition for that space on the date of the opening but defer enrolling your child, or 3) decline. If you decline and later wish to be considered again, you will have to rejoin the waiting list at the bottom of the list of the classroom you are waiting to join.
Wait List Priorities
The following criteria are used in considering your application:
- 1. Sibling Priority – Siblings of the children of employees of the sponsoring agency currently are attending the center.
- 2. Place of Employment Priority –Siblings of the children of employees from other federal agencies currently are attending the center.
- 3. Sponsoring Agency Priority – Children of employees from the sponsoring agency.
- 4. Federal Agency Priority – Children of employees from federal agencies other than the sponsoring agency.
- 5. Federal Children Contractor Priority – Siblings of the children of federal contractors.
- 6. Federal Contractor Priority – Children of federal contractors.
- 7. Employees of General Public Priority – Siblings of the children of employees of the General Public.
- 8. General Public – Finally, applications from the general public are ranked in the order in which they are received.
Registration and Supply Fee
There is a non-refundable Registration and Supply Fee of $200 due when a space at the Center is allotted to your child. At this time, the registration form, developmental history information, pick-up permission and emergency information form, and the medical form will all be processed and a file set up for your child.
A check for one-half of the infant room tuition rounded up to the nearest $50, which will serve as a deposit, must be delivered to the Center within three business days of acceptance of an available space. If you give the Center a thirty-day written notice that you will be leaving the Center at the end of the stated month, this deposit will be refunded on your child's last day in the Center. Failure to provide the required thirty-day notice will result in loss of the deposit. Failure to pay past-due fees (for example tuition, late fees, volunteer fees) can also result in partial or full loss of the deposit. A form must be completed, with a $100 fee paid for the waiting list.
For more information, contact the Center Assistant Interim Director, Daniel Powell by phone at 202.216.0457 or by email.